The SmartDRIVER program is a proven training program that helps reduce fuel consumption, reduce maintenance costs, and reduce stress levels on operators, SmartDRIVER will be introduced to all operators.
The SmartDRIVER program takes defensive driving techniques and raises the bar once again. In addition to maintaining knowledge and skills of drivers who are acutely aware of their surroundings, SmartDriver focuses on 'how' to operate a vehicle efficiently.
The SmartDRIVER program is more than defensive driving as it...
- Uses an Electronic Control Module on the bus to collect data and to show the improvement from a pre-course drive to a post-course drive.
- Addresses the technical aspects of driving such as how and when to use retarders.
- Examines the entire organization and how all departments contribute to fuel efficiency.
What are some of the benefits?
- Reduced fuel consumption per trip compared to the average operator.
- Smoother ride for passengers.
- Fewer emissions from exhaust, reducing the effect air quality.
- Reduced wear and tear on brakes and tires, extending their life span and reducing replacement costs.
- A less stressful day for operators.
For more information on the SmartDRIVER program, please visit the Canadian Urban Transit Association(CUTA) website.
Also, CUTA has a short video that explains what SmartDRIVER can do for our transit system.
Replace Your Card
If your card is lost or stolen, you can purchase a replacement ($6) at any OC Transpo Sales Centre.For registered cards, the account balance can be transferred.
Always Tap Your Card
Whether it’s pay-per-ride or monthly pass, always tap your card when boarding.
OC Transpo's route planning and consultation program, where riders have a chance to provide ideas and input.