Support Persons and Attendants
OC Transpo will accommodate customers who need the help of a support person or attendant to use transit.
Support persons and attendants
Support persons can ride with you free of charge, however, you may need to present an Attendant Card to the operator when you board.
- If you use an assistive device, such as a wheelchair or scooter, you do not need an Attendant Card for your support person to ride for free.
- If you do not have an assistive device, you will need to carry and present an Attendant Card to the operator.
Attendant Cards have a photo of the customer, not the attendant or support person. This allows you to bring different attendants with you at different times and on different trips.
Getting your Attendant Card
To get your Attendant Card, follow these steps:
Fill out the form and ask a healthcare professional (doctor, nurse, OT, physiotherapist, recreation therapist, etc) to sign the form.
Bring your form to any OC Transpo Sales and Information Centre.
Staff will take your photo and give you your Attendant Card at no charge.
Riding With STO
PRESTO works on STO buses:
- With a monthly pass
- When you transfer from an OC Transpo bus
PRESTO - Register
Register your PRESTO card to protect your funds!
Autoload & Auto Renew
Your card will never run out or go into overdraft with:
- Autoload – puts more money on your card when you reach the minimum.
- Auto Renew – puts next month’s pass on your card.