Rack & Roll
Rack & Roll Returns!
Rack & Roll returns once again this spring and runs until the fall on 12, 85,94, 95, 96, 97, 99, 101, 106 and 118. Effective June 28th this will also include routes 91 and 92.
However, you can Rack & Roll on any bus with a rack, and we have more than 450 equipped buses, including all articulated and double decker buses.
The Rack & Roll bike racks are available on the buses for about six months each year.
Bikes can also be transported year-round on the O-Train -- look for the door marked with a bike decal, at the north end of the train
Use the Travel Planner to see which trips have bike racks* - just make sure to check the 'Bike Rack' option on the date and time page.
Before the bus arrives, get your bike ready for loading and remove any loose items. Indicate to the operator that you will be loading your bike.
If the rack is closed, hold onto your bike with one hand and with your other hand, squeeze handle up to release latch, then lower rack.
Lift your bike onto the rack and place the wheels in the wheel wells.
Raise the support arm over your tires as high as it will go, but not over the frame or fender.
You are responsible to secure your bike properly. For safety reasons, operators cannot leave the bus to assist you.
Before you reach your stop, tell the operator you will be unloading your bike, then exit by the front door.
- Raise the support arm off the tire.
- Lift your bike from the rack.
- If the rack is empty, fold up the rack until it locks in place before you step away from the bus.
- Step away from the bus and signal to the operator that you are clear of the bus.
- For your safety, load and unload your bike from the front, or from the curb side of the bus.
- Load and unload your bike as quickly as possible.
- If someone wants to remove their bike, let them go first before you load your bike.
- Only non-motorized, two-wheeled bikes are allowed.
- OC Transpo personnel may refuse access to cyclists due to unsafe conditions. OC Transpo is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by or to bicycles, or for lost or stolen bicycles.
PRESTO - Online not in Line
Load your PRESTO card online so that you don't have to wait in line!
Convenient Stop Schedules
Print out the schedules for your bus stop using the Stop Times feature. Perfect for posting on your fridge.
Get ahead with a $8.30 Daypass!
On weekends and statutory holidays, the DayPass also serves as a 'Family Pass' giving you unlimited same day travel for up to 6 people.