Rack & Roll
Rack & Roll season runs annually from approximately April to the end of October -- Bike Racks are available for about six months each year.
Racks are installed on the front of over 540 buses, including all articulated and double decker buses.
Bikes can also be transported year-round on the O-Train. On the O-Train, board only at the door with the icon (not the centre door).
Use the Advanced Planner to see which trips have bike racks - just make sure to check the 'Bike Rack' option on the date and time page.
Bicycle Loading Instructions
Before the bus arrives, get your bike ready for loading and remove any loose items. Indicate to the operator that you will be loading your bike.
If the rack is closed, hold onto your bike with one hand and with your other hand, squeeze handle up to release latch, then lower rack.
Lift your bike onto the rack and place the wheels in the wheel wells.
Raise the support arm over your tires as high as it will go, but not over the frame or fender.
You are responsible to secure your bike properly. For safety reasons, operators cannot leave the bus to assist you.
Unloading Your Bicycle
|City of Ottawa cycling map: www.ottawa.ca|
|For more information on our bike rack, Sportworks model DL2: www.bicycleracks.com|
|Citizens for Safe Cycling: www.SafeCycling.ca|
|TravelWise - www.ottawa.ca|
Before you reach your stop, tell the operator you will be unloading your bike, then exit by the front door.
- Raise the support arm off the tire.
- Lift your bike from the rack.
- If the rack is empty, fold up the rack until it locks in place before you step away from the bus.
- Step away from the bus and signal to the operator that you are clear of the bus.
Rack & Roll Tips
- For your safety, load and unload your bike from the front, or from the curb side of the bus.
- Load and unload your bike as quickly as possible.
- If someone wants to remove their bike, let them go first before you load your bike.
- Only non-motorized, two-wheeled bikes are allowed.
- OC Transpo personnel may refuse access to cyclists due to unsafe conditions. OC Transpo is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by or to bicycles, or for lost or stolen bicycles.
Riding With STO
PRESTO works on STO buses:
- With a monthly pass
- When you transfer from an OC Transpo bus
Convenient Stop Schedules
Print out the schedules for your bus stop using the Stop Times feature. Perfect for posting on your fridge.
Get ahead with a $7.95 Daypass!
On weekends and statutory holidays, the DayPass also serves as a 'Family Pass' giving you unlimited same day travel for up to 6 people.