Effective January 1 the Community Pass will cost $35.
The discounted Community Pass reduces the cost of transit for:
- Ottawa residents who receive benefits under the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP).
- Registered Para Transpo* customers are also entitled to purchase a Community Pass whether or not they receive ODSP benefits. (more info)
* On Para Transpo trips, Community Pass holders must pay an extra 'top-up' fare with $2.00 cash or 1 bus ticket. For more informationon trip fares in rural zones, please go to the Para Transpo Fares page and select the 'Rural Zone Fares' tab.
Community Monthly Pass
|Current Price: $35.00|
|Full fare on all regular and express routes, and the O-Train.|
To apply for a Community Pass, complete the Community Pass application form.
Bring your completed application form to an OC Transpo Sales and Information Centre with the following documentation or identification:
If you are an ODSP recipient:
- Completed Community Pass Application Form, including your ODSP member number
- Current ODSP document that includes your member number and your name. For example, an ODSP benefit cheque stub or dental card. Photocopies will be accepted.
- Valid photo identification, such as an age of majority card, workplace or volunteer ID card, driver's license, or passport.
If you are a registered Para Transpo user:
- Completed Community Pass Application Form, including your Para Transpo member number
- Valid photo identification, such as an age of majority card, workplace or volunteer ID card, driver's licence, or passport.
Your OC Transpo Community Photo ID card identifies you as being eligible for the discounted Community Pass. The card has a special code that is meaningful to OC Transpo staff. To everyone else, the ID card and pass look the same as other adult passes.
Photo ID cards are only available at OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres (no charge).
Community Passes are available each month at the following locations: (...you must have your OC Transpo Community Photo ID Card)
- Rideau Centre
- St. Laurent Station
- Lincoln Fields Station
- Place D'Orléans Station
City of Ottawa Client Service Centres:
- Ottawa City Hall, 110 Laurier Ave. W.
- Orléans, 255 Centrum Blvd.
- Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Dr.
- Kanata, 580 Terry Fox Drive.
Ottawa Public Library branches:
- Beaverbrook (John G. Mlacak Centre, 2500 Campeau Drive, Kanata
- Centennial, 3870 Richmond Road, Nepean
- Elmvale Acres (Elmvale Acres Mall), 1910 St. Laurent Blvd.
- Greenboro District, 363 Lorry Greenberg Drive
- Hazeldean, 50 Castlefrank Road, Kanata
- Rosemount, 18 Rosemount Avenue
- Ruth E. Dickinson (Walter Baker Centre), 100 Malvern Dr., Barrhaven
- St. Laurent (Don Gamble Community Centre), 515 Coté Street
- Vanier, 310 Pères Blancs (effective as of March 21st, the April 2011 pass)
- Carlingwood, 281 Woodroffe Ave.
- Sunnyside, 1049 Bank Street
- Cumberland, 1599 Tenth Line Rd.
You must present your OC Transpo Community Photo ID Card every time you purchase a monthly pass, in order to qualify for the discounted rate. Show your ID card to the sales clerk and ask for the Community Pass. Payment can be made with cash, debit card, Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
You can ask someone else to purchase a monthly pass for you. However, they must have your Community Pass photo ID card with them at the time of purchase.
Passes are usually available by the 20th of each month. For example, March passes will be available around February 20. If you purchase your pass early, you can avoid month-end lineups.
If you lose your pass, call Lost and Found at 613-563-4011. If your pass cannot be found, then please call 613-741-4390 for more information.
If you're aged 65 or older, you may prefer to get a Senior's photo ID card and Senior pass, instead of a Community pass. The senior's pass is more convenient because it is available at hundreds of vendors across the city, and the cost is also discounted.
The next service change is on Sunday, September 1.
Replace Your Card
If your card is lost or stolen, you can purchase a replacement ($6) at any OC Transpo Sales Centre.For registered cards, the account balance can be transferred.
PRESTO - Lend
Lend your PRESTO card to friends and family when you don't need it!