The Ecopass program ended October 31
- How does PRESTO affect ECOPASS customers?
- Will I lose my discount immediately?
- When can I transition over to PRESTO?
- What if I am a Para Transpo user?
- What if I can’t attend the exchange session at my work location?
- What if I pay for a family member, how can their ECOPASS card be exchanged for their PRESTO card?
- Do I renew my ECOPASS if it becomes invalid (expires, is lost or stolen) prior to the transition period?
- If my ECOPASS has validation date later than November 1, 2013, is it still going to be valid?
- Once the PRESTO system is launched in 2013, can I withdraw from the ECOPASS program without a penalty?
- With my PRESTO card, will my deductions continue to be taken off my pay check?
- Can I enroll in the ECOPASS program as a new participant?
- Can new companies participate in the ECOPASS program?
- What if I lose my PRESTO card?
- Will I qualify for the Federal Public Transit Tax credit?
- Am I still eligible and can I still claim the subsidy that is made available with my Ecopass under the terms of my collective agreement when I switch over to the PRESTO card ?
The ECOPASS is a transit pass available through a payroll deduction program with registered employers.
The ECOPASS is a one-piece photo ID card, and is valid until the renewal date for as long as you continue to make payroll deductions. Monthly pass vouchers are not required if you use the ECOPASS.
For direct assistance on ECOPASS related issues you may contact ECOPASS staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
See something? Say something!
Help keep our transit system safe and secure.
If something looks suspicious, let us know or CALL 310-2828.
Regular fare on Express routes, at selected bus stops
Transecure Outstanding Call of the Month
The TRANSECURE Outstanding Call for January 2013 goes to Jian.