The Ecopass program ended October 31
The OC Transpo Ecopass program successfully transitioned to the PRESTO card (Ontario’s electronic transit fare payment system) on October 31, 2013. The Ecopass program was offered in over 170 workplaces in Ottawa and throughout its existence, OC Transpo had as many as 25,000 transit customers using Ecopass.
The closure of the Ecopass Program now requires any account claims from Ecopass subscribers to be filed with OC Transpo by the end of February 2014. The email address at Ecopass@ottawa.ca will be closed March 15, 2014.
Prior to the closure of the Ecopass Program, the following questions and answers were provided to help guide Ecopass transition to the PRESTO card.
- How does PRESTO affect ECOPASS customers?
- Will I lose my discount immediately?
- When can I transition over to PRESTO?
- What if I am a Para Transpo user?
- What if I can’t attend the exchange session at my work location?
- What if I pay for a family member, how can their ECOPASS card be exchanged for their PRESTO card?
- Do I renew my ECOPASS if it becomes invalid (expires, is lost or stolen) prior to the transition period?
- If my ECOPASS has validation date later than November 1, 2013, is it still going to be valid?
- Once the PRESTO system is launched in 2013, can I withdraw from the ECOPASS program without a penalty?
- With my PRESTO card, will my deductions continue to be taken off my pay check?
- Can I enroll in the ECOPASS program as a new participant?
- Can new companies participate in the ECOPASS program?
- What if I lose my PRESTO card?
- Will I qualify for the Federal Public Transit Tax credit?
- Am I still eligible and can I still claim the subsidy that is made available with my Ecopass under the terms of my collective agreement when I switch over to the PRESTO card ?
If your card runs out of money—and if it’s registered—take one last ride in "overdraft." When you reload, pay the 25-cent overdraft fee, plus the cost of the trip.
Regular fare on Express routes, at selected bus stops
Transecure Outstanding Call of the Month
The TRANSECURE Outstanding Call for December 2013 goes to Robert.