Get Your PRESTO Card
New PRESTO cards will cost $6 – starting August 15.
OC Transpo will soon have distributed 200,000 complimentary “no-fee” PRESTO cards. Until now the standard $6 card fee has been waived - courtesy of OC Transpo and Metrolinx, the provincial agency that provides PRESTO services.
As of August 14, 145,000 cards will already be in circulation in the Ottawa area. Another 55,000 complimentary cards have been set aside for EcoPass users, students, and selected community groups who will also soon make the switch to PRESTO. Distribution of the remaining “no-fee” cards is scheduled for EcoPass workplaces, college campuses, and at selected community centres. See below for dates and locations.
- PRESTO cards cannot be used until you buy a pass or put money on your card.
- Load your card online or in person at a sales centre.
Here's where you can get a card:
Online at prestocard.ca
- $6 card fee (as of August 15, 2013)
- Minimum $10 purchase
- BUY EARLY! - Allow 7 days for delivery
- Register your card after you get it
- OC Transpo Sales Centres: Rideau Centre, Lincoln Fields, St.Laurent and Place d’Orléans
City of Ottawa Client Services Centres: City Hall, Ben Franklin, and Kanata
- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday * A discounted fare can only be set on your card at an OC Transpo Sales Centre with proof of eligibility
- $6 card fee (as of August 15)
- Minimum $10 purchase
ECOPASS USERS July, August, September & October
OC Transpo Will Visit :
Exchange your ECOPASS for a new complimentary PRESTO card. The exchange will be timed to coincide with your last ECOPASS payroll deduction.
Present your PRESTO card at an OC Transpo Sales Centre with proof of eligibility. We will set the discount on your card.
You cannot use PRESTO to ride on Para Transpo. Continue to use paper tickets, passes or cash.
PAPER PASSES AND TICKETS
Paper passes and tickets are still available at OC Transpo vendors across the city.
Ride all day with the DayPass!
Purchase on the bus for $7.95
PRESTO cards cannot be used until you buy a pass or put money on your card.
Load your card online or in person at a sales centre.
OC Transpo's route planning and consultation program, where riders have a chance to provide ideas and input.