Valid until the expiry time
Transfers are issued to riders who pay with cash or tickets and allow you to continue your trip on another OC Transpo vehicle within a certain time period, without paying again.
Transfers can be used for any direction of travel, including return trips and stopovers, providing the time has not expired.
- Pay-per-ride POP transfer is valid for 90 minutes.
- After 6 pm and Sundays, it's valid for 105 minutes.
- Transfers are also used as a Proof of Payment (POP) receipt when you pay with cash or tickets on the O-Train, Articulated (long bus) and Double Deckers buses .
- If you pay with cash, bus tickets, or top up a pass, you need to board by the front door and the operator will give you a transfer as your POP receipt. Keep your POP receipt for the duration of your trip.
- If your monthly pass or POP transfer is for regular-fare routes, you have to pay a ‘top-up' fare when you board an express premium fare bus.
- Bus transfers can be used as full fare on the O-Train providing the time on the transfer has not expired.
- If you pay with cash, bus tickets, or top up a pass, you need to board by the front door and the operator will give you a transfer as your POP receipt. Keep your POP receipt for the duration of your trip. You must also board by the front door with an O-Train ticket, and keep your ticket as proof of payment.
- On green express routes, a top-up of one bus ticket or $1.35 is required with your O-Train ticket.
- Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) and OC Transpo accept transfers from each other’s service.
- Additional top-up payment may be required.
Proof of payment is required on the O-Train, articulated and double-decker buses. Please ensure you keep your transfer.
Transit Tax Credit
Claim 15% of pass prices on your Income Tax Return!
PRESTO - Lend
Lend your PRESTO card to your friends and family when you aren't using it!
PRESTO - Online not in Line
Load your PRESTO card online so that you don't have to wait in line!
Night Stop Community
In your community ask your driver to let you off anywhere along your route, after 9 pm.