Valid until the expiry time
Transfers are issued to riders who pay with cash or tickets and allow you to continue your trip on another OC Transpo vehicle within a certain time period, without paying again.
Transfers can be used for any direction of travel, including return trips and stopovers, providing the time has not expired.
- Pay-per-ride POP transfer is valid for 90 minutes.
- After 6 pm and Sundays, it's valid for 105 minutes.
- Transfers are also used as a Proof of Payment (POP) receipt when you pay with cash or tickets on the O-Train, Articulated (long bus) and Double Deckers buses .
- If you pay with cash, bus tickets, or top up a pass, you need to board by the front door and the operator will give you a transfer as your POP receipt. Keep your POP receipt for the duration of your trip.
- If your monthly pass or POP transfer is for regular-fare routes, you have to pay a ‘top-up' fare when you board an express premium fare bus.
- Bus transfers can be used as full fare on the O-Train providing the time on the transfer has not expired.
- If you pay with cash, bus tickets, or top up a pass, you need to board by the front door and the operator will give you a transfer as your POP receipt. Keep your POP receipt for the duration of your trip. You must also board by the front door with an O-Train ticket, and keep your ticket as proof of payment.
- On green express routes, a top-up of one bus ticket or $1.40 is required with your O-Train ticket.
- Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) and OC Transpo accept transfers from each other’s service.
- Additional top-up payment may be required.
Proof of payment is required on the O-Train, articulated and double-decker buses. Please ensure you keep your transfer.
See something? Say something!
Help keep our transit system safe and secure.
If something looks suspicious, let us know or CALL 310-2828.
Night Stop Community
In your community ask your driver to let you off anywhere along your route, after 9 pm.