Passes and transfers from both transit agencies can be used to ride on either service.
Starting October 1, 2013
STO will be charging regular fare only. The STO (Société de transport de l'Outaouais) express and interzone fares will be replaced with regular fare for everyone.
Transferring from OC Transpo to STO (Société de transport de l'Outaouais)
OC Transpo payment methods accepted as valid fare on STO:
- OC Transpo passes, U-Pass, transfers, O-Train tickets and DayPass are accepted as full fare on all STO routes.
Proof of residency in Ontario in the OC Transpo service area may be requested at any time when travellilng on STO.
If you board the bus before 9 am, you must get an STO - OC Transpo Rider smart card.
OC Transpo Attendant card
One attendant only can travel for free on the STO system with OC Transpo Attendant card. The rider being accompanied must pay the applicable fare.
OC Transpo payment methods NOT accepted on STO:
- OC Transpo bus tickets
- The DayPass cannot be used as a 'Family Pass' on STO service, though it can be used for one person.
- CNIB and Ontario Guide Dog and Access cards
The STO-Ontario residency card was replaced with a smart card called the STO - OC Transpo Rider card. (The STO-Ontario residency card is no longer accepted on STO public transit vehicles)
Before 9 a.m., the new STO-OC Transpo Rider smart card is REQUIRED if you use an OC Transpo bus pass to board an STO bus OUTSIDE the downtown areas of the Hull sector and Ottawa or at the Rivermead and Les Promenades Park-and-Ride.
The STO - OC Transpo Rider smart card is NOT REQUIRED AFTER 9 AM, and is also not required if boarding an STO bus INSIDE the downtown areas of the Hull sector and Ottawa at any time.
The STO - OC Transpo Rider smart card must be renewed evey year and is available for purchase at any of the 3 STO Service Points or a STO Smart Card Issuing Center for the price of $8.00 including taxes. Proof of Ontario residency (ie: rental agreement, tax bill, invoice, etc.) and a completed application form are required.
When boarding the STO bus, the smart card must be passed in front of the reader. It must also be shown to the driver, along with the OC Transpo pass.
NOTE: Residents of Quebec must use STO transit tickets or a smart card.
STO (Société de transport de l'Outaouais)
Transferring from STO (Société de transport de l'Outaouais) to OC Transpo
STO payment methods accepted as valid fare on OC Transpo:
STO Multi cards and Passe-partout PLUS smart cards are accepted on OC Transpo routes if accompanied by a paper validation receipt*.
- All STO (Société de transport de l'Outaouais) passes*, transfers and 'Passe-Temps' are accepted as full fare on all 'regular-fare' OC Transpo routes and the O-Train without a fare top-up.
- On OC Transpo Express routes, a fare top-up is required when boarding the bus: $1.40 or 1 OC Transpo bus ticket
- Children 12 and under with a “Smart Card” are not required to top-up the fare on express routes.
- Seniors age 65 and older with a Senior Passe-Partout Plus pass are not required to top-up the fare on express routes.
- Children age 5 and under ride for free.
* Proof of validity may be requested at any time and is required when you travel on OC Transpo routes. Keep your receipt with you, unless you have a FIDÉLITÉ Program annual pass. The receipt may be requested as a proof of purchase. If so:
- The Multi card should be recharged and valid for the period matching the receipt;
- The rider number on the receipt should be the same as on the Multi card, and must be legible.
Note that you can have your receipt reissued at no cost at the STO retail outlets.
STO Attendant Privileges card
Upon presentation of the STO Attendant Privileges card, attendants can travel for free on the OC Transpo system. The rider being accompanied must pay the applicable fare.
STO payment methods NOT accepted on OC Transpo:
- STO bus tickets
- STO Student pass for the school transportation service stating "school days only".
- The STO Passe-Temps cannot be used as a 'Family Pass' on OC Transpo, though it can be used as a DayPass for one person.
STO (Société de transport de l'Outaouais)
PRESTO cards cannot be used until you buy a pass or put money on your card.
Load your card online or in person at a sales centre.
Gold Permit Parking
Guarantees a parking space at all our Park & Ride lots.
Transecure Outstanding Call of the Month
The TRANSECURE Outstanding Call for January 2013 goes to Jian.