Travel Tips & Safety
- Keep children seated to avoid falls and bumps, and watch that they don’t put their hands or head out the window.
- Hold strollers securely, put on their brakes and keep the aisle clear, or hold your child and fold the stroller.
- Keep bags, backpacks and other objects clear of the aisle on the bus.
- Please move back. If the bus is crowded, the operator will ask anyone standing to move to the back to make room for more riders.
- If you stand near the front of the bus, stay behind the white line. The “Clear View to the Right” policy requires that operators must have a clear view to the right while the bus is in motion. This is a requirement of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Hold on to the grab rails.
- If you have a beverage, please cover it to avoid spilling it on others.
- You cannot go barefoot in the bus, nor wear skates or rollerblades and you must wear a shirt.
- You cannot wear your ice skates on the O-Train or bus. To help avoid injuries when carrying skates on transit, please use a skate bag; skate guards or carry your skates with the blades at their sides.
- Sit where you can see your upcoming stop.
- If you feel insecure, sit near the front of the bus. If you’re lost or feel sick, harassed or threatened, speak to the operator who will help or radio for help. On the train, speak to the operator via the emergency intercom located near each door.
To report transit safety issues, please call 613-741-2478
OC Transpo's route planning and consultation program, where riders have a chance to provide ideas and input.
If your card runs out of money—and if it’s registered—take one last ride in "overdraft." When you reload, pay the 25-cent overdraft fee, plus the cost of the trip.
PRESTO - Tickets Cost More
I use mine to pay-per-ride because tickets cost more!