Travel Tips & Safety
- Keep children seated to avoid falls and bumps, and watch that they don’t put their hands or head out the window.
- Hold strollers securely, put on their brakes and keep the aisle clear, or hold your child and fold the stroller.
- Keep bags, backpacks and other objects clear of the aisle on the bus.
- Please move back. If the bus is crowded, the operator will ask anyone standing to move to the back to make room for more riders.
- If you stand near the front of the bus, stay behind the white line. The “Clear View to the Right” policy requires that operators must have a clear view to the right while the bus is in motion. This is a requirement of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Hold on to the grab rails.
- If you have a beverage, please cover it to avoid spilling it on others.
- You cannot go barefoot in the bus, nor wear skates or rollerblades and you must wear a shirt.
- You cannot wear your ice skates on the O-Train or bus. To help avoid injuries when carrying skates on transit, please use a skate bag; skate guards or carry your skates with the blades at their sides.
- Sit where you can see your upcoming stop.
- If you feel insecure, sit near the front of the bus. If you’re lost or feel sick, harassed or threatened, tell another passanger or speak to the operator who will help or radio for help. On the train, speak to the operator via the emergency intercom located near each door.
To report transit safety issues, please call 613-741-2478
To report an emergency, call 9-1-1
Replace Your Card
If your card is lost or stolen, you can purchase a replacement ($6) at any OC Transpo Sales Centre.For registered cards, the account balance can be transferred.
PRESTO - Autoload
Set your PRESTO card to autoload so that you are always good to go!
PRESTO - Tickets Cost More
Use your PRESTO card to ride because tickets cost more!